blessjerome Index du Forum

blessjerome fake oakley sunglasses fake oakleys fake oakley sunglasses replica oakley sunglasses cheap oakleys replica oakleys oakley sunglasses

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

He was fond

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    blessjerome Index du Forum -> blessjerome -> blessjerome
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Oct - 05:36 (2011)    Sujet du message: He was fond Répondre en citant

He was fond, too fond, of long midnight walks <em>cheap oakleys</em>, for in these he overtasked his strength, and he had all a young man's contempt for maxims about not sitting in wet clothes and wet boots.  Early in his letters he speaks of bad colds, and it is matter of tradition that he despised flannel.  Most of us have been like him, and have found pleasure in wading Tweed, for example, when chill with snaw-bree. In brief, while reading about Murray's youth most men must feel that they are reading, with slight differences, about their own.  He writes thus of his long darkling tramps, in a rhymed epistle to his friend C. C. C.

I named others more conspicuous which would welcome him with ardour at the presiding head.  I soon discovered that his mind towered above these earthly distinctions; that, in his judgement, the CAUSE gave dignity to the institution, and not the wealth of its endowment or the renown of its scholars; that this door and not another was opened to him by Providence, and he only wished to be assured of his competency to fulfil his trust and this to make his few remaining years a comfort and blessing to his suffering country.  I had spoken to his human feelings; he had now revealed himself to me as one 'whose life was hid with Christ in God.'  My speech was no longer restrained.  I congratulated him that his heart was inclined to this great cause <strong><em><font size="4">fake Oakley sunglasses</font></em></strong>, and that he was prepared to give to the world this august testimony to the importance of Christian education.  How he listened to my feeble words; how he beckoned me to his side, as the fulness of heart found utterance; how his whole countenance glowed with animation as I spoke of the Holy Ghost as the great Teacher, whose presence was required to make education a blessing, which otherwise might be the curse of mankind; how feelingly he responded, how ELOQUENTLY, as I never heard him speak before--can never be effaced from memory; and nothing more sacred mingles with my reminiscences of the dead.&quot;

The board of trustees, on August 31st, adopted and sent to General Lee resolutions saying that, in spite of his objections, &quot;his connection with the institution would greatly promote its prosperity and advance the general interest of education, and urged him to enter upon his duties as president at his earliest convenience.&quot;

My father had had nearly four years' experience in the charge of young men at West Point.  The conditions at that place, to be sure, were very different from those at the one to which he was now going <strong><em><font size="4">replica Oakley sunglasses</font></em></strong>, but the work in the main was the same--to train, improve and elevate.  I think he was influenced, in making up his mind to accept this position, by the great need of education in his State and in the South, and by the opportunity that he saw at Washington College for starting almost from the beginning, and for helping, by his experience and example, the youth of his country to become good and useful citizens.

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Oct - 05:36 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    blessjerome Index du Forum -> blessjerome -> blessjerome Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation