blessjerome Index du Forum

blessjerome
http://fakeoakleysoutlet.org/ fake oakley sunglasses fake oakleys fake oakley sunglasses replica oakley sunglasses cheap oakleys replica oakleys oakley sunglasses

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Virginia wants all their aid, all their support

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    blessjerome Index du Forum -> blessjerome -> blessjerome
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
zhuoguangrong
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Oct - 05:20 (2011)    Sujet du message: Virginia wants all their aid, all their support Répondre en citant

The months flew past. The summer was over: &quot;the pleasantest summer I EVER passed in MY LIFE, and I shall never forget this first summer of my reign.&quot; With surprising rapidity <em>cheap oakleys</em>, another summer was upon her. The coronation came and went--a curious dream. The antique, intricate, endless ceremonial worked itself out as best it could, like some machine of gigantic complexity which was a little out of order. The small central figure went through her gyrations. She sat; she walked; she prayed; she carried about an orb that was almost too heavy to hold; the Archbishop of Canterbury came and crushed a ring upon the wrong finger, so that she was ready to cry out with the pain; old Lord Rolle tripped up in his mantle and fell down the steps as he was doing homage; she was taken into a side chapel, where the altar was covered with a table-cloth, sandwiches, and bottles of wine; she perceived Lehzen in an upper box and exchanged a smile with her as she sat, robed and crowned, on the Confessor's throne. &quot;I shall ever remember this day as the PROUDEST of my life,&quot; she noted. But the pride was soon merged once more in youth and simplicity. When she returned to Buckingham Palace at last she was not tired; she ran up to her private rooms, doffed her splendours, and gave her dog Dash its evening bath.

In 1868, in a letter to Major Wm. M. McDonald, of Berryville, Clarke County, Virginia, who was intending to write a school history, and had written to my father, asking for information about some of his great battles <em><font size="4"><strong>oakley antix sunglasses</strong></font></em>, the following statement appears:

&quot;As to the battle of Gettysburg, I must again refer you to the official accounts.  Its loss was occasioned by a combination of circumstances. It was commenced in the absence of correct intelligence.  It was continued in the effort to overcome the difficulties by which we were surrounded, and it would have been gained could one determined and united blow have been delivered by our whole line.  As it was, victory trembled in the balance for three days, and the battle resulted in the infliction of as great an amount of injury as was received and in frustrating the Federal campaign for the season.&quot;

&quot;...After crossing the Potomac, finding that the Shenandoah was six feet above the fording-stage, and, having waited for a week for it to fall, so that I might cross into Loudoun, fearing that the enemy might take advantage of our position and move upon Richmond, I determined to ascend the Valley and cross into Culpeper.  Two corps are here with me.  The third passed Thornton's Gap, and I hope will be in striking distance to-morrow.  The army has laboured hard, endured much, and behaved nobly.  It has accomplished all that could be reasonably expected.  It ought not to have been expected to perform impossibilities <font size="4"><em><strong>cheap oakleys twitch sunglasses</strong></em></font>, or to have fulfilled the anticipations of the thoughtless and unreasonable.&quot;

About this time the people of the City of Richmond, to show their esteem for my father, desired to present him with a home.  General Lee, on hearing of it, thus wrote to the President of the Council:

&quot;...I assure you, sir, that no want of appreciation of the honour conferred upon me by this resolution--or insensibility to the kind feelings which prompted it--induces me to ask, as I most respectfully do <font size="4"><em><strong>cheap oakleys straight jacket sunglasses</strong></em></font>, that no further proceedings be taken with reference to the subject. The house is not necessary for the use of my family, and my own duties will prevent my residence in Richmond.  I should therefore be compelled to decline the generous offer, and I trust that whatever means the City Council may have to spare for this purpose may be devoted to the relief of the families of our soldiers in the field, who are more in want of assistance, and more deserving it, than myself....&quot;

Lee's conception of the part--His influence exerted toward the restoration of Virginia--He visits old friends throughout the country-- Receives offers of positions--Compares notes with the Union General Hunter--Longs for a country home--Finds one at &quot;Derwent,&quot; near Cartersville

My father remained quietly in Richmond with my mother and sisters.  He was now a private citizen for the first time in his life.  As he had always been a good soldier, so now he became a good citizen.  My father's advice to all his old officers and men was to submit to the authority of the land and to stay at home, now that their native States needed them more than ever.  His advice and example had great influence with all.  In a letter to Colonel Walter Taylor [his old A. A. G.], he speaks on this point:

&quot;...I am sorry to hear that our returned soldiers cannot obtain employment.  Tell them they must all set to work, and if they cannot do what they prefer, do what they can.  Virginia wants all their aid, all their support, and the presence of all her sons to sustain and recuperate her.  They must therefore put themselves in a position to take part in her government <strong><em><font size="4">cheap oakleys</font></em></strong>, and not be deterred by obstacles in their way.  There is much to be done which they only can do....&quot;

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Oct - 05:20 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    blessjerome Index du Forum -> blessjerome -> blessjerome Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation