blessjerome Index du Forum

blessjerome
http://fakeoakleysoutlet.org/ fake oakley sunglasses fake oakleys fake oakley sunglasses replica oakley sunglasses cheap oakleys replica oakleys oakley sunglasses

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

I have been lonely all my days on earth

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    blessjerome Index du Forum -> blessjerome -> blessjerome
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
zhuoguangrong
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Oct - 05:15 (2011)    Sujet du message: I have been lonely all my days on earth Répondre en citant

I have been lonely all my days on earth, Living a life within my secret soul, With mine own springs of sorrow and of mirth <em>oakley bottlecap sunglasses</em>, Beyond the world's control.

Let churl or shepherd change his sky, And labour in the city dark <em>oakley flak jacket sunglasses</em>, Where there is neither air nor room - How often will the exile sigh To hear again the unwearied lark, And see the heather's lavish bloom!

Gone is the glory from the hills, The autumn sunshine from the mere, Which mourns for the declining year In all her tributary rills.

The next day I found out that all the horses but one had been saved by the faithfulness of our servants.  The one lost, my brother's favourite and best horse, was ridden straight into the column by Scott, a negro servant, who had him out for exercise.  Before he knew our enemies, he and the horse were prisoners.  Scott watched for his opportunity <em><font size="4"><strong>oakley bottlecap sunglasses</strong></font></em>, and, not being guarded, soon got away.  By crawling through a culvert, under the road, while the cavalry was passing along, he made his way into a deep ditch in the adjoining field, thence succeeded in reaching the farm where the rest of the horses were, and hurried them off to a safe place in the woods, just as the Federal cavalry rode up to get them.

In a letter dated Culpeper, July 26th, to my brother's wife, my father thus urges resignation:

&quot;I received, last night, my darling daughter, your letter of the 18th from 'Hickory Hill.'...  You must not be sick while Fitzhugh is away, or he will be more restless under his separation.  Get strong and hearty by his return, that he may the more rejoice at the sight of you....  I can appreciate your distress at Fitzhugh's situation.  I deeply sympathise with it, and in the lone hours of the night I groan in sorrow at his captivity and separation from you.  But we must bear it, exercise all our patience, and do nothing to aggravate the evil. This, besides injuring ourselves, would rejoice our enemies and be sinful in the eyes of God.  In His own good time He will relieve us and make all things work together for our good <font size="4"><em><strong>cheap oakleys abandon sunglasses</strong></em></font>, if we give Him our love and place in Him our trust.  I can see no harm that can result from Fitzhugh's capture, except his detention.  I feel assured that he will be well attended to.  He will be in the hands of old army officers and surgeons, most of whom are men of principle and humanity.  His wound, I understand, has not been injured by his removal, but is doing well.  Nothing would do him more harm than for him to learn that you were sick and sad.  How could he get well?  So cheer up and prove your fortitude and patriotism....  You may think of Fitzhugh and love him as much as you please, but do not grieve over him or grow sad.&quot;

Had the river not unexpectedly risen, all would have been well with us; but God, in His all-wise providence, willed otherwise, and our communications have been interrupted and almost cut off.  The waters have subsided to about four feet <font size="4"><em><strong>cheap oakleys abandon sunglasses</strong></em></font>, and, if they continue, by to-morrow, I hope, our communications will be open.  I trust that a merciful God, our only hope and refuge, will not desert us in this hour of need, and will deliver us by His almighty hand, that the whole world may recognise His power and all hearts be lifted up in adoration and praise of His unbounded loving-kindness.  We must, however, submit to His almighty will, whatever that may be.  May God guide and protect us all is my constant prayer.&quot;

I could not live, did I not hear A voice that sings the day to be, When hitherward a ship shall steer, To bear me back to home and thee.

Oh, when at last that day shall break In sunshine on the dancing sea, It will be brighter for the sake Of my return to home and thee!

After being in Richmond a few days, and by the advice of my father getting my parole from the United States Provost Marshal there, the question as to what I should do came up.  My father told me that I could go back to college if I desired and prepare myself for some profession--that he had a little money which he would be willing and glad to devote to the completion of my education.  I think he was strongly in favour of my going back to college.  At the same time he told me that, if I preferred it <strong><em><font size="4">replica oakleys</font></em></strong>, I could take possession of my farm land in King William County, which I had inherited from my grandfather, Mr. Custis, and make my home there.  As there was little left of the farm but the land, he thought he could arrange to help me build a house and purchase stock and machinery.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 14 Oct - 05:15 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    blessjerome Index du Forum -> blessjerome -> blessjerome Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation